Renewal of Baptismal Promises
70. Renewal of Baptismal Promises (Votorum baptismalium renovatio)
A partial indulgence is granted to the faithful, who renew their
baptismal promises according to formula in use ; but
a plenary indulgence is granted, if this is done
- in the celebration of the Paschal Vigil or
- on the anniversary of one's baptism.
- I, N. N., who through the tender mercy of the Eternal Father was
privileged to be baptized "in the name of the Lord Jesus" (Acts 19, 5) and
thus to share in the dignity of his divine Sonship, wish now in the presence
of this same loving Father and of his only-begotten Son to renew in all
sincerity the promises I solemnly made at the time of my holy Baptism.
- I, therefore, now do once again renounce Satan; I renounce all his works;
I renounce all his allurements.
- I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I
believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born into this world
and who suffered and died for my sins and rose again. I believe in the Holy
Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of
sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
- Having been buried with Christ unto death and raised up with him unto a
new life, I promise to live no longer for myself or for that world which is
the enemy of God but for him who died for me and rose again, serving God, my
heavenly Father, faithfully and unto death in the holy Catholic Church.
- Taught by our Savior's command and formed by the word of God, I now dare
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy
will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead
us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
[ Home ]
[ What's New ]
[ Articles ]
[ Bible ]
[ Canon Law ]
[ Dissent ]
[ Faith ]
[ Indulgences ] [ Liturgy ]
[ Prayers ]
[ Renew ]
[ Saints ]
[ Teachings ]
[ Links ]
[ About Us ]
[ Reviews ]
[ Contact Us ]
[ Our Lord ]
[ Our Lady ]
[ Table of Contents ]